Recruitment Privacy Notice
Holmleigh Care Group understand that the privacy and security of your information is important. This notice is to inform you what data we hold about you and why, what we do with that data, and informs you of your rights regarding the personal information we hold under current data protection law.
Who we are
Holmleigh Care Homes Group, registered at Windsor House, Bayshill Road, Cheltenham, GL50 3AT is the Data Controller of the information covered by this privacy notice.
Holmleigh Group is a responsible and ethical employer. We regard the lawful and fair treatment of personal data as very important to maintaining confidence between you and us.
What information we hold and why
Holmleigh Group will collect and process personal data about you when you apply for a job with us. Personal data we process includes:
- Your name, home address, email address and/or phone numbers;
- Your date of birth, marital status, nationality and National Insurance number (where you provide this to us);
- Your CV or other documents or information provided by you;
- Right to Work Documentation, such as a copy of your passport;
- Information needed for compliance and risk management, such as background check reports, DBS/PVG checks.
The lawful condition for holding and processing this information is that this is in the legitimate interests of the Holmleigh Group to maintain contact with potential candidates and fill vacancies.
Where we obtained your information
Holmleigh Group will obtain data directly from you (for example, through our website, the telephone or by email) as well as through third parties such as recruitment agencies or job boards.
We may also obtain it from public profiles available online such as LinkedIn.
Sensitive Data Types
With your specific consent, information relating to your ethnicity, gender, nationality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and other diversity-related information.
No automated profiling or decision-making on data subjects will take place.
What we do with the data
Information provided to Holmleigh Group in the process of forming this relationship will only be used in connection with the recruitment process. We process your personal data listed above for the following purposes in accordance with our legitimate interest:
- to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to make recruitment decisions, including background and reference checking;
- to monitor equal opportunities;
- to comply with the duty to make reasonable adjustments for disabled job applicants and with our disability discrimination obligations;
- to prevent and detect fraud and other wrongdoing; and
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
Who we share the data with
Your details may be passed onto third parties, but that is not for any purposes other than the purposes mentioned above.
Categories of third parties are as follows:
- We may engage third parties to help carry out services or functions on our behalf. For example, criminal bureau checking services, medical questionnaires, psychometric evaluation or skill tests forming part of the recruitment process;
- We may disclose your personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies to comply with any legal obligations, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our staff, our company or others.
What if you fail to provide personal information?
If you fail to provide certain personal information when requested, we may not be able to process your job application properly or at all, we may not be able to enter into a contract with you, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
Transfer outside of the EEA
We do not send data subject data outside of the EEA.
How long we keep your data
All personal data held by Holmleigh Group about you in connection with this application will be deleted 6 months after you have submitted your application unless either:
- the law requires us to hold it for longer in which case we will hold it for the period the law requires; or
- your application is successful in which case we will hold your personal data as an employee of Holmleigh Group in relation to our employee record data retention policy; or
- if you have consented to Holmleigh Group keeping your personal information on file, in case there are future suitable employment opportunities with us, Holmleigh Group will hold your personal information for a further 12 months after the end of the relevant recruitment exercise, or until you withdraw your consent if earlier.
Holmleigh Group recognise the rights of the data subject in regard to this data processing. As a data subject, you have:
- The right to access personal data held, and to portability, by requesting a copy of the information held.
- The right to rectification should any errors be noticed.
- The right to erasure, by requesting that we delete your data held at any time, should that data no longer be necessary for us to keep.
- The right to restrict processing, e.g. by asking us not to send marketing communications with you.
- The right to be informed once the erasure, rectification or restriction has been actioned.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (The Information Commissioner’s Office).
Should you wish to invoke any of your rights, or have any queries about the information we hold about you, please contact:
Post: Matthew Western, The Holmleigh Group, 141 High Street, Tredworth, Gloucester, GL1 4TB
Tel: 01452 300025